Ingredients of Frozen Chocolate-Covered Cappuccino Crunch Cake:
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed (Sara Lee)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 4 cups (1 quart) coffee ice cream, softened (We used Chocolate)
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely crushed malted milk balls (We used Oreos)
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Coarsely crushed malted milk balls, (optional) (We used Oreos)
Directions of Frozen Chocolate-Covered Cappuccino Crunch Cake:
- Slice pound cake into 1/8- to 1/4-inch slices. Place half of the slices on bottom of 9-inch spring form pan; press down firmly. Set remaining slices aside.
- Bring cream just to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add milk chocolate morsels; let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until well combined and smooth. Pour half of the chocolate mixture over pound cake in pan, spreading evenly to within 1/4-inch of edge of pan.
- Cover; freeze for 1 1/2 hours or until chocolate is set.
- Combine softened ice cream and whipped topping in large bowl. Fold in 1 3/4 cup crushed malted milk balls. Spread over chocolate layer in pan. Cover;
- Freeze until ice cream is firm, about 2 hours.
- Top ice cream with remaining pound cake slices; press down firmly. Spread remaining chocolate mixture over pound cake. Cover; freeze at least 6 hours
- To serve, remove sides of pan. Garnish with additional whipped dessert topping and sprinkle with crushed malted milk balls, if desired. To cut cake easily, run a knife under hot water and dry with a paper towel before making slices.