Sunday, January 9, 2011

JapaNew Year

Every year fireworks are shot off of the Space Needle in NYE and we have yet to see this since we have moved to Seattle....you would think why how is this possible considering you live right next to the Needle?!?

The first NYE spent in Seattle we were both miserably sick...I am not even sure I was awake at midnight (I think this might have been the first time in my adult life). Needless to say, it was not a grand first NYE in Seattle. Last year we went to a restaurant with live music with some friends. It was a good night.

I kept hearing from people that the Space Needle fireworks were amazing so I told Davis no matter what we did this year we had to be able to see the fireworks...this is not a hard task as we can see them from our roof! Things worked out perfectly because our neighbors hosted a Japanese themed NYE party at their place and we watched the fireworks from the warmth of their home. The fireworks were great and I am not that into fireworks, but I was impressed. We have a video that one day I might share with you.

This themed party included sake, sushi, and of course karaoke. We had a blast, I think Davis could have sang all night!!

Davis, the ninja...he even made his own nun chucks, that's impressive for someone who's not all that handy
me as a harajuku girl, I don't think anything I am wearing matches
Champagne tasting
announcing the winner...if anyone is interested the most expensive champagne was voted last place
breaking it down


No comments: