Thursday, August 5, 2010

I am officially employed as an ACCOUNTANT!!

Does this mean text messaging, less blogging, less outside time, more dress clothes, less Viv time, more money, less reading, more help from Davis?????

It might mean a little bit of all of the above and these are just a few of the changes that are about to happen in our lives. This is an exciting and scary HUGE step in my life as this is my first REAL full time job offer. I know it's kinda late in the game considering I have been out of school for 2 years, but those could potentially be the best 2 years ever (big potentially BUT they were great and I wouldn't trade that time for anything)! Working with Viv has been such a great experience and definitely more than I could have ever asked for or hoped it was going to be 2 years ago when I first started. She is a joy to be around and even when it was challenging, it was rewarding! She taught me a lot about life, love, and raising kids. I am so glad that she taught me and not my own!! I feel soooo much more prepared now BUT this does not in the slightest way mean that we are having kids any time soon!!!

My job you ask....it is an accountant position at Emeritus, a senior living company. I start Monday, August 16th. I think it is going to be a great position (I will be handling all sides of accounting for 10-18 locations) with lots of potential growth. The company has a wonderfully laid back environment and it is 4 blocks from home!! And if it is raining there is a sky bridge so I only have to walk 3 blocks outside. I know, how convenient.

To celebrate this event.....well you know me so it will probably be at least a week long celebration, but it started tonight with happy hour food and drinks at Claim Jumper.
I got a job face
all smiles
random food...chips & salsa, fish tacos, and sliders
yum!
And then we had to go to Party City (more on this later) where Batman tried to save the day






No comments: