Monday, October 18, 2010

Our Girls Weekend

October is becoming one of the best months of the year, why you ask....because it is my mom's birthday which has grown into a girls weekend. It started when I moved to Seattle and it has continued and grown over the past 3 years. Last year Mandy and mom came to Seattle and we had a blast, this year Mandy wanted to stay close to home since she did just have a baby 2 months ago so we headed to Asheville, NC. Asheville is a pretty cute little city and we stayed in the heart of it all. We walked, shopped, and ate mostly which for me = a great weekend :)

Mom picked me up from the airport on Thursday morning and we had lunch with dad, Ava Reese, Greg, Mandy and mamaw. We then we and picked up the boys from daycare so that I could enjoy a little time with them, I love my boys. Nolan taking a picture
Jonas taking a picture

After playing and reading to them, we headed to Asheville where we immediately (after checking in) found a restaurant, Lexington Avenue Brewery, a gastropub. I had the wild mushroom truffle pasta and it was amazing....
Mom had the pork tenderloin, yum!After a good night's sleep, we headed to Tupelo Honey Cafe for brunch. I had their famous Sweet Potato Pancake and once again I was very pleased. I did take a picture with my phone so it will not be posted for the time being. After brunch we went to Spa Theology for a couple of hours worth of treatments and pampering. This should definitely happen more often. All the pampering worked up an appetite so we were off to find more food.
Mandy and mom reading a menu
taking pictures because the restaurants didn't open until 5
love these girls
We finally decided on a pub and indulged in more food, but wait that wasn't enough so we went to have frozen custard. Mandy nor mom had ever tried frozen custard and I think they enjoyed it as much as I did. Dave and I love frozen custard, but we do love any and all ice creamy things.

The next morning we went to brunch, I sense a pattern here. We went to Mayfel's and I think this was my favorite. I had the Huevos Rancheros and my gosh they were so good. Shopping was next on the agenda and we found some great deals, thanks mom for making me buy them. Up next was Starbucks for the new Toffee Mocha, Pumpkin Spice Latte, and a chocolate chip cookie. Then we drove around for a bit (not meaning to, but you don't need to know all the details, right?) before ending up at Corner Kitchen. There was a really long (as in 1.5 hours) wait so we sat on the porch and drank a bottle of wine before dinner.


It was definitely worth every minute of the wait because we got the best seat in the house. We got to sit at the chef's table/bar and watch the chef prepare everything.
After dinner we crashed, we kinda had to...I'm not sure Mandy could make it anywhere else. The next morning consisted of Cracker Barrel and driving to Knoxville to eat with the whole family before my flight out.
After yet another delicious meal. Thanks everyone for partaking and planning around my schedule. I love and miss all of you :)
Flying into Chicago, that is Navy Pier.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I hope it was a great one and I hope we have many more to come :)

No comments: