Thursday, July 19, 2012

Savannah

One of my goals with taking the new job was to blog about all the places I visit, obviously I have been terrible at this but maybe I will get better as I learn the ropes and have more time to do other things besides work.  

Last week I was in Savannah and while it's nice to be somewhere warm or HOT, I do miss home as this is the only time of year that Seattle has good weather.  It seems like I haven't been home much...I guess that is because I haven't been home much!  I am looking forward to August as we should be in Seattle for most of the month and it's our best month (weather wise) of the year!

One of the best things about Savannah was spending time with an old friend.  Sara and I go way back, to freshman year of college.  We were rowers together and practically roommates.  We took several classes together so we were walking (around campus) partners as well :)  The normal life events happened after college where she went one way and I went the other and therefore I haven't see her since my wedding day?  That was over 5 years ago, she now has a 3 year old!  Life passes too quick!


Savannah was a great town, I enjoyed running the town nightly and listening to the live music in the city market to cool down.  Off the to the Outer Banks I go for a weekend with Dad, Barb, Chris, Sue, and the hubby :)

No comments: