Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey, Whistler, and Vancouver

I love long weekends especially when they involve traveling!

One of the perks of my job is free turkeys for Thanksgiving (odd I know), but we couldn't waste it soooo at 7pm Wednesday night I started cooking my 13 lb turkey.

I am pretty sure we got all the meat off
Since we were going to be on a bus for 6 hours the next day and it was Thanksgiving, we took some turkey with us and had turkey for lunch on Turkey Day! Thanks Vaupell
the gorgeous mountains
me in the Olympic rings
enjoying the snow hill with the kids
Whistler village
view from our room, yes that is a driving range across the street

relaxing in the hot tub while it was snowing all around us
on the mountain
my husband not showing any skin
love it

me and I still have eyes at this point
thinking about conquering the world

after dinner in the village
our Thanksgiving dinner, Mongolian
nighttime in the village

our living room

After leaving Whistler, we made a pit stop in Vancouver for the night. It was our friend, Mary's, birthday and it was a great ending to a perfect weekend!
playing video games with the Birthday girl
such a happy birthday girl
Davis driving the skytrain in Vancouver....Canadians would put a seat in that location knowing no one will be driving!

A short version of what I am thankful for: my loving husband who always makes me laugh, my wonderful family (I miss you all more than you know), my job (I finally got one and I love it), my dogs because they are super cute and keep me company while the husband travels, my house, and last but certainly not least all of my friends. I could go on but this is the short list!

No comments: