Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our trip to Tennessee and Myrtle Beach

2 weeks ago Wednesday, I flew home. I left Seattle around 11 pm and flew 1st class to Orlando....yes, I know that seems so out of the way, but it was cheaper! It was my first time flying 1st class and I must say it was wonderful! Thanks to my husband for the use of his frequent flyer miles! Needless to say since I didn't leave Seattle until 11 pm, I didn't arrive in Knoxville until Thursday afternoon. Mandy, Chris, and the boys picked me up from the airport and off to see mom we went. After seeing mom and grocery shopping for the fajitas (that Mandy and myself made that night), we visited with dad. I must say that Mandy and mom both were worried about me cooking fajitas and they turned out delicious! They have no faith in my cooking ability for some odd reason! Mamaw came down to the RV park for fajitas and it was great to spend time with her.

Friday...we went and ate breakfast with Dad and Barb. Mom and I spent a couple hours lounging in the lake and that was really nice! For dinner we celebrated with the "Friday Night Crew" and went to Blue Springs Marina for dinner and drinks. We always love seeing them and enjoy their company! After dinner we hung out with Dad and Barb until they kicked us out :(

Saturday we left for the beach. We had a great trip of family time, eating out, slides, dominoes, and being lazy! It is always great being able to spend a week with the family all together! The kiddy pool was awesome even for adults! I loved being able to slide down all of the 9 slides with the twins and with Davis!

We returned home the following Saturday. Sunday, was Dad's day and we enjoyed breakfast at Cracker Barrel, followed by visiting with memaw, then we laid around and watched a movie, and then Barbara cooked for everyone and we enjoyed our last night with Mandy, Chris, the boys, Russ, Pooh, Mom, Greg, Dad, and Barb! Thank you everyone for being available and making it easier on us to see you! We love you all and miss you very much!

Monday.....we overslept, but we did manage to make it to Nashville in time to eat lunch with Davis's brother, Daniel and his girlfriend, Kalie before heading back home to Seattle.

Thank you Dad and Barb for all of our meals and for taking us to the airport!
Thank you Greg and Mom for everything you do for us! The vacation was great and we will always be there!
Thank you Mandy and Chris for picking me up from the airport and for not being able to sleep with the computer light!!! That was a joke! We love you both!

Chris and Dave celebrating with a shot of crown
Getting kisses from Jonas
Mom with her girls and Nolan saying "Mimi, Mimi, Mimi"
Our beach picture
mom and Greg
Family
us
Thanks to uncle Russ and Pooh for finding pockets!

what do you know...mom with her girls & Nolan
Greg and I at dinner
The whole crew at Calabash
Davis and Me
Me and my beautiful mom
Nolan having ice cream
Dad with his girls
Me and Dad at the Resort
I have been wanting this picture for over a year....I finally got it
"Friday Night Crew" having a blast
on the boat




No comments: